Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just in a day

I take a walk though my neighborhood in Pawtucket every evening. I live near a Rite Aid pharmacy and a convenience store that sell scratch tickets and various other lotteries. This is where I get the majority of my scratch tickets. Not by buying, but finding them on the street. I am just posting what a typical find can be. Friday night is always a big night and holiday weekends usually are,too.

When someone seems to win from these scratch tickets, they go right out and spend again on many more. In last weekend's find, in one pile on the sidewalk and street, along with a Dunkin Donuts unfinished coffee: 5 diferent kinds of $1 tickets; 3 varieties of $2 tickets; 2 $5 tickets; 1 $10 ticket. This totaled to 45 separate tickets totaling $70 in gambling losses. Whoever bought this pile of tickets probably won some money and recouped some losses. The whole area looked very frenzied! I mostly find them here and there, as if someone is walking and scratching at the same time.

I'm off for a walk now to see what I missed last night....

No comments: